Saturday, May 17, 2008

A Couple of days hard work...in the sun.

The past couple of days have been HOT!!!!! Breaking the record on Friday tipping the scales at 97 degrees. On Thursday at a temp of 87 degrees I sandblasted a 20 foot trailer. To do it I had to wear a heavy coat and a heavy canvass hood over my face...to protect me from the sand...but not from the sun :-(. While I did that, Dad, Andrew and Daniel worked through the rough brush and ran a fence at the back of the back yard. In the process Andrew managed to cover his arm all over with Poison Oak.

Yesterday we worked in the morning and then in the afternoon Scott and I when bowling in a semi-air conditioned bowling alley.

Today Dad and Andrew finished the fence while I weed-whacked. There are pictures below...As usual :-)

The trailer I sandblasted. Me, in my outfit.
Try to guess what this picture is....It is a picture of steel chips from Scott grinders on a magnet
Our Lilac bush.
Our Dogwood. It took it a long time to bloom because it has been so cold this year.
A flower of some unknown origin.
Scott hard at work welding on the trailer I sandblasted

3 comments:

shutter_duck said...

What about Andy and his arm? Poor guy...the least you could do is post a disturbing picture to rack up sympathy for him! :)
-Ellen

Tyler said...

I would except for the fact that you wouldn't want to see it. :-(.

shutter_duck said...

And what are you? The judge of all things Ellen wouldn't want to see? ;-P Show me the wounded man!

I'll go grab a barf bag just in case...