A couple of weeks ago, Mother, in search of the perfect Birthday present embarked on a journey that would cover thousands of miles....not really, but it did require looking on the Internet and she found a two hour blacksmith class. She booked it and yesterday (Saturday) we drove up to Government Camp on the base of Mount Hood for it. They had a great time and during it the rest of us decided to take a hike. When we go to the parking lot for the hike we had to walk down a snowed over road to get to the summer parking were the hiking trail actually started. So we embarked on our two hour hike sliding our way through wet snow. Not slushy but wet. We spent about two hours trying to find a lake and never found it. In the processes we did get several portraits. After two hours with our tennis shoes filled with wet (or melted ) snow we went back to pick up Scott and Dad. Then together we visited Timberline. A historic lodge on the timberline of Mount Hood. It was beautiful. :-) Pictures Below ;-)

Mt. Hood from our hike.

Sara and Andrew

Mother and Jacob.

Jacob and Sara
Sara and I.
Daniel and Sara.
Dad making a coat hanger.
Scott is making...a coat hanger.
One of many fireplaces at Timberline Lodge.
One of many chimneys.
A really neat cougar wood engraving.


4 comments:
great pictures, Ty, as usual. you guys really must be oregonians...short sleeves in the snow? ;-)
Hope you all are feeling better...see you tomorrow, I guess!
I WANT FAMILY CAMP PICTURES!!!
I still want family camp pictures. Just thought I'd let you know that. You know, just a little hint that maybe you might actually fall for. Or not.
Fine. Be that way. =P
Post a Comment